Certificates without prompting
From Three Rings
This page is about configuring your web browser to send your Three Rings Certificate without prompting you every time you log in.
If you use a certificate in your calltaking office you may have seen popup boxes like those shown below. It is possible to suppress these so that your volunteers don't have to confirm every time that they want to send the certificate to the server. Find the instructions for your web browser below.
This is an advanced topic; if you have difficulty, please get in touch with Three Rings Support staff.
This is how the "Confirm certificate" dialog might look in Microsoft Internet Explorer or Google Chrome:
Mozilla Firefox shows this "Choose a certificate" box:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
To suppress the "Confirm certificate" dialog in Internet Explorer, follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.3r.org.uk/
- Click on the Tools menu (this may be shaped like a cog in more recent versions of Internet Explorer) and then on the Internet Options... menu option.
- In the Security tab, select Trusted sites
- Click the Sites button
- Click the Add button to add "https://www.3r.org.uk" to the list
- Click the Close button
- Click the Custom Level... button
- In the Miscellaneous section of the list, find the "Don't prompt for client certificate when only one certificate exists" option
- Set that option to "Enable"
- Press the OK button on each dialog box to close it. If prompted "Are you sure you want to change settings for this zone?", click "Yes"
- If you've already logged in to Three Rings this session, you might need to reboot your computer
To suppress the "Choose a certificate" dialog in Mozilla Firefox, follow these steps:
- In the Tools menu, select Options...
- Click on the Advanced tab
- Within the Advanced tab, click on the Encryption tab
- Under "When a server requests my personal certificate:", click on "Select one automatically"
- Click the OK button to close the dialog
Sorry: we're not aware of any way to reconfigure Google Chrome to suppress the "Comfirm certificate" dialog.